Akai Ito
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akai Ito

Graphical Chatsite.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How To: Merging Topics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lore

Lore

How To: Merging Topics Empty
PostSubject: How To: Merging Topics   How To: Merging Topics I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:10 am

WIll need to be edited to be our site's own, once again.

_________

Merging Topics:

I didn't see any visual tutorial on this anywhere for forum moderators/administrators and since it seems to be a sore spot I made one. I hope no one minds.

Step One
The first thing you need to do is open up the Moderator Control Panel. This is located on the right-hand side of the screen under the User Control Panel.
How To: Merging Topics Image1-6

Step Two
After opening the Moderator Control Panel, find one of the two topics you want and click the box next to the topic that you want to merge. Only select one of the topics though!
How To: Merging Topics Image2-1

Step Three
After selecting your topic, scroll down to the bottom of the screen where the drop-down menu is located. Open the menu and select the "Merge" option. After doing that, hit the Submit button next to the drop-down menu.
How To: Merging Topics Image3-1

Step Four
After hitting Submit, you will be redirected to another page that shows all of the topics again with a slight difference. Scroll through the topics until you find the other topic you want to merge your current one with. You may have to go through multiple pages to find it - just click through the Next and Previous options at the bottom, you won't lose any of the work you've done so far. After finding the topic you want, select the "Select for Merge" option - not the topic title itself - right above the topic title.
How To: Merging Topics Image4-1

Step Five
After selecting the "Select for Merge" option, you will be redirected to a screen asking you to confirm this operation. Select "Yes" and it will redirect you to a "you have successfully merged the selected topics page" and then to the actual newly merged topic itself. Congratulations on a job well done!
How To: Merging Topics Image5-1
Back to top Go down

How To: Merging Topics
Page 1 of 1